The City of Placentia, in Southern California is well located in Northern Orange County. Nearby neighbors include Brea to the northwest, Yorba Linda to the northeast, Anaheim to the south and Fullerton to the west, Placentia is a quiet residential community you will love.
At the turn of the century the area was ripe for agriculature. In the early 20´s one of the early pioneers convinced the Santa Fe Railroad to re-route the tracks through the area. The area became known for oranges, avocados to name a few. Packing houses were built and that was the beginning of putting this community on the map. Years later the growth was minimal, to some Placentia was considered to be in the country. The City incorporated in the 1920´s.
By 1960 the population was relative small with about 5,000 residents. Within the next ten years the area experienced an explosion of growth to 25,000 in just a decade.
Placentia facts include:
- Population approximately ~ 53,300
- Median age ~ 33 years
- Median income ~ $76,700
As compared Orange County at $ 71,800 and U.S. $50,300
- Owner occupancy rate 69%
As compared to 57% U.S.
- Schools ~ Placentia-Olinda Schools, see why it’s an award winning school district.
Photo top- Bradford House
Photo left:- The lake at beautiful Tri-Cites Park. .
Photos by Lynda Eisenmann, Broker
If you’re interested in learning more about Placentia homes and Placentia real estate, contact us at PreferredHomeBrokers.com
Selling a Placentia, CA home? If you’re a home seller, or considering selling your home in the near future it’s essential you know your numbers when it comes to the market activity. It’s also important you hire an agent who is experiences and skilled in changing markets.
The SoCal City of Placentia is well located in Northern Orange County. However like most areas of Southern Cal sales have been sluggish. Actually according to Dataquick, (a market data company) our sales activity for November was at a 19 year low for SoCal.
The real estate market report for sales/market activity for November 2007 is as follows:
Single family homes ~ $360,000 to $1,1890,000. Although it should be noted that there are only four homes currently for sale in excess of $1,000,000.
Single family sales activity for November ~
- 163 single family homes were for sale during November, down from 180 last month.
- 10 sales pendings, homes sold and entered escrow for the month, up from 6 last month.
- 7 homes closed escrow in November. the same as October.
- 28 homes were removed from the market, listings expired, were withdrawn or cancelled for the month, down from 34 last month and similar to September.
Condo data for November ~ Prices for condos/town-homes range from a beginning price of $170, 000 to $660,000.
Condominium sales activity for November ~
- 75 condo/town-homes were for sale in the city, compared to 79 last month.
- 0 pending sales for November, as compared to 7 in October.
- 5 properties closed escrow in November as compared to 4 for October.
- 10 properties were “off market” either the listing expired, was withdrawn from the market or cancelled, down from 14 the prior month.
Early Placentia History: Near the turn of the century the area was ripe for agriculture. Early pioneers convinced the Santa Fe Railroad to re-route the tracks through the area. The area became well known for oranges, avocados to name a few. Packing houses were built and that was the beginning of placing Placentia on the map. Years later the growth was minimal, to some Placentia was considered to be in the country. The City incorporated in the 1920´s. Today the city is a great place to live with quiet residential streets and the award winning Placentia-Linda School District.
If you lived in Placentia today you would be at homes with approximately 53,000 other residents. And if you were driving in the heart of the city you would be:
- 5 miles from Disneyland ~ The Happiest Place on Earth
- 15 miles from John Wayne Airport ~ Santa Ana
- 40 miles from Los Angeles International Airport
- 3 miles to the Big-A ~ Angel Stadium in Anaheim
- Less than 2 miles from nearby Cal State University at Fullerton
Click here to see more on this traditional beauty at 2109 Mignon, to see more on this beautiful home.
Placentia’s Residential Real Estate Report for October 2007
Single family homes ~ $319,000 to $1,189,000.
Single family sales activity for October ~
- 180 single family homes were for sale during October, up slightly from the prior month.
- 6 homes sold enter escrow for the month.
- 7 homes closed escrow in October..
- 34 homes were taken off the market, or listings expired or withdrawn for the monthcompared up only slightly from the prior month.
Condo data for October ~ Prices for condos/townhomes range from a beginning price of $179, 000 to $660,000.
Condominimum sales activity for October ~
- 79 condo/townhomes were for sale in the city. .
- 7 of those properties were reported as sale pendings, currently in escrow for the month.
- 4 properties closed escrow in October.
- 14 properties were “off market” either the listing expired, was withdrawn from the market or cancelled.