The City of La Mirada is a wonderful Southern California community!
Location, Eastern Los Angeles County, approximately 20 miles south/east of Los Angeles
- Estimated Population 50,000
- Land Size just under 8 miles.
- Zip codes include 90637, 90638 and 90639.
La Mirada is a Southern California community on the Eastern Los Angeles County/Orange County line. Spanish for “the view” it’s often been described as a bedroom community. of primarily single family homes.
Incorporated in 1960, La Mirada is also the home of the famous La Mirada Theater for the Performing Arts.
Area Schools Include:
- 9 Public Primary/Middle Schools
- 6 Private Primary/Middle Schools
- 1 Public High School
- 3 Private High Schools
La Mirada is also home to Biola University a private Christian University. The quiet residential streets surround many neighborhood schools and beautiful parks. Transportation includes the nearby 5 freeway.
La Mirada’s 18 hole golf course located at Alicante and Santa Gertrudes.
The photo to the right is one we took of the lake in the park. The photo below is the pool. There is so much to do in this wonderful park, even a Frisbee course!
La Mirada is also home to Biola University a private Christian University.
Now if you lived in La Mirada you would be approximately:
- 27 miles to LAX ~ Los Angeles International Airport
- 23 miles to John Wayne Airport
- 36 miles to Ontario International Airport
- 10.5 miles to Disneyland, the “Happiest Place on Earth”
La Mirada’s new gymnasium, there is something here for people of all ages.
- La Mirada ~ California 90638 ~ Real Estate
The City of La Mirada is wonderful residential community located in eastern Los Angeles County. Bordering on Orange County to the to the east the city is very well located. It’s one of those cities that you don’t hear a lot about at times, yet it’s a rock solid place.
Single familyhomes begin around $400,000 to an uper end $1,500, although most are under the $1,000,000.00 range.
Condominimums begin around $240,000 to $400,000.
The real estate market report for sales/market activity for October 2007:
Single family market activity:
- 213 re-sale homes currently for sale in the city, compared to 216/September 196/August and 107/July
- 15 homes sold and currently in escrow, definitely up from 9/September 5/August and close to 17 in July.
- 10 homes closed escrow , compared to 9/September, 15/August and 16/July.
- 40 homes were removed from the market, or listings expired or withdrawn, compared to 36/September 39/August and down slightly from July.
Condominium market activity for October:
- 48 condo/town-homes currently for sale, compared to 47/August 40/August and July.
- 2 property sold and went into escrow compared to 1/September, 0/August. 5/July and 7/ June.
- 1 properties closed escrow, compared to 1/September, 15/August and July.
- 8 properties were removed from the market, listing either expired, withdrawn or cancelled as compared to 6 for September.
La Mirada is a city I’ve always loved working in since the very beginning of my real estate career in the early 70’s. It seemed like almost everyone had an olive tree in their front yard, courtsey of course of the home builders at the time. Since then, the city has continued to grow and develop into an outstanding community.
La Mirada Real Estate Market Report for September 2007
Mirada ~ California 90737,90638 & 90639 ~ Real Estate Market Update for September 2007Single family homes in La Mirada range from a low of $399,000 for 4 bedrooms and 2 baths, approximately 1,112 square feet. Upper end properties peak at $1,500.00 for 4 bedrooms and 4 baths with 4,675 square feet, exactly the same as last month in August.
Condominmums and townhomes begin at $244,900 to an upper end pricing at $399,000.
The real estate market report for sales/market activity for September 2007 is as follows:
Single family sales activity for September:
- 216 re-sale homes currently for sale in the city, compared to 196 for August and 107 in July.
- 9 homes sold and currently in escrow, definitely up from 5 in August anmd down from 17 in July.
- 15 homes closed escrow in August, similar to 16 for July. .
- 36 homes were taken off the market, or listings expired or withdrawn, compared to 39 for August and down slightly from July.
Condominimum re-sale activity for September:
- 47 condo/town-homes currently for sale, compared to 40 for August and July.
- 1 property sold and went into escrow compared to 0 in August. 5 in July and 7 for June.
- 2 properties closed escrow, compared to 15 for August and July.
La Mirada is a city I’ve always love working in since the very beginning of my real estate career in the early 70’s. It seemed like almost everyone had an olive tree in their front yard. If you want to find out more about La Mirada real estate, contact me at Lynda@PreferredHomeBrokers.com